I am a fully qualified counsellor, practicing in a predominately person-centred way with the relationship at the heart of therapy and providing you with a warm, supportive, secure and confidential space to explore how you really feel. It is my belief that by offering a non-judgmental, and authentic relationship that healing and change can take place. I offer four ways of working. The more traditional face-to-face talking and/or creative therapy. Online, telephone and outside therapy for people aged 14+..
For children I offer person centred play sessions.. Play is the natural medium for children to ‘act out’ their experiences, helping them to explore and make sense of their inner world. Raising confidence, self esteem and to become more resilient.
My initial career was in education starting as an LSA and then training to be a learning mentor, supporting young people with their behavourial, emotional and social needs. Which led to my interest and training in counselling.
I currently work for HBBS Havering & Brentwood Bereavement Service, offering bereavement and generic counselling to children, young people including SEN and adults. I am also a deputising Safeguarding Officer and mentor for the trainee counsellors on their placement.
As a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I adhere to a strict code of ethics, which includes on-going supervision and continuing professional development.
I offer both short and long-term counselling for adults, young people and children 5+.
Dip HE Child and Adolescent Counselling
Certificate Counselling Skills Using the Arts
Certificate in Online & Telephone Counselling
I believe in the importance of continuing professional development to keep in line with new progressions in the counselling industry. Some of the courses I have attended include:
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- The Impact of Sexual Abuse on Survivors & Their Families
- Drugs & Alcohol Abuse
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Bereavement & Loss
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Safeguarding Children Levels 2 and 3
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Working with Angry Children
- Enabling Children & Young People to Speak About Feelings Through: Clay, Puppets, Story Telling and Sandplay.
- Raising Awareness of Asperger Syndrome
- Advanced Knowledge of working with ADHD
- Young People & Gender Identity
- Gender & Transgender Identity
- A Pluralistic Approach To Therapy
- Relational Depth in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Attachment & Loss
- An Introduction to Outside Therapy